Friday 18 November 2011

What's in a name

I've started a blog!  The first hurdle was what to call it.  After much deliberation I decided on "The Forget-Me-Not Blog".  And whilst thinking of names I couldn't get the following out of my head, which Juliet said whilst on her balcony:
"What's in a name?  That which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet."
From my favourite scene in Romeo and Juliet.  Anyway back to forget-me-nots.  They are one of my favourite flowers and the one for which I never used to be able to remember its name when it sprang up every spring, ironic really with what they are called!  Hopefully my blog name will not have the same effect :)
The second hurdle is what to write.  I thought if fitting to write a short poem about forget-me-nots, it just seemed the right thing to do.  What comes next?  Who knows!  Come back and take a look from time to time and see :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Tasha,
    The blog is a brilliant reminder for me of your extraordinary talent with pictures and words, not to mention your singing voice...
    Windlesham Patterns - top notch!
    Best
    Tony C

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tony for your lovely comment :)

      Delete